What's your opinion on "future predictors" like Pat Robertson and Sylvia Browne?

I think they're a little quacky. But hey, they have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, right?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:50 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think Pat Robertson is just full of sh*t, period. That man needs mental help.

Sylvia Browne? Eh.... I'm kind of on the fence about. Most times I've seen her on TV, I've been unimpressed, but then some people swear up & down she's had insight into their lives. Of course, she could just be paying them off, I suppose.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I love Sylvia but she really should write science fiction. I've got her book about predictions and find it a little iffy. Robertson has already made about 8-10 predictions about the end of times and has, obviously, missed every time. I'm astonished that he keeps trying or that his followers still believe him. If I consistently got my tarot reads wrong, people would stop coming!! And that's the way it should be!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've never heard of the Robertson guy...

I like Sylvia, though...I think she has some great insight and is a genuine person. I like that she doesn't try and convince anyone of who/what she is...she just goes with the flow and if you believe/like her thats cool, and if not, then no big deal.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've never heard of Robertson but I like Sylvia and Lisa Williams.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think some actually have some psychic ability, but they get famous by exagerating & lying about it. I agree with the first post, Robertson is a whack job for reasons other than his predictions.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• ITA, there are some who have psychic abilities and then the money pours in and the exaggerating begins.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• are abilities like this real......yep. just most ignore them.

are those people real....ehhh, cash corrupts
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• While I believe that psychic abilities are very real and there are some out there that are very gifted, I have to laugh at some of them out there. I do like Sylvia Browne, but I find some of her beliefs to be a little outlandish for me (like her belief that heaven is actually another dimension seven inches off the ground, for example). Pat Robertson, however . . . well I used to really like him, but he's just gotten more and more out there and hateful in his old age, I feel.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I too have never heard of RObinson. But I think Sylvia Brown might be eating too much chili before going to bed at night. I believe there are people blessed with this gift it just isn't her.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 1:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• By the way, for those that don't know, Pat Robinson is the man that did the 700 club for years. He was also partners with Jerry Falwell in the Christian Coalition. All of his so-called "predictions" are actually bible verses that he has re-worded and re-written.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009