Do you have any desire to travel outside your country...EVER?

I know someone who looks down on traveling outside the United States. She says "I don't know why anyone would ever WANT to leave even for vacation!"

I for one would love to travel the world. But alas, I am poor.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 11:52 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm with you! I love our country, but I'd love to visit other parts of the world. So far I've made it to Canada. :(
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:54 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• China, Japan, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Austria, Germany... my wishlist could go on & on.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I want to visit Europe and Australia.

I'm very nervous about flying over a huge ocean, though.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I can't wait until I have the opportunity to travel around the world. There are SO many places that I want to go see. I'm not big on flying, but to be able to see all sorts of amazing places would be totally worth it!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There are so many places outside the continental United States that I want to travel to and visit!
    We all live on the same planet, why not explore it?
    Most of us have ancestral backgrounds that didn't originate here in the U.S. and I think it would be awesome to trace those backgrounds and stand on the grounds our ancestors did.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ireland, Europe and Japan are the places I would love to visit.
    IceMistress105

Answer by IceMistress105 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I love the U.S. but I have also loved being able to travel overseas (and live overseas) to see different ways of life. You really do get a perspective on how the world sees us too. In America we live a very fast paced lifestyle which is very different from the other places I have been. We spent 2 years in Guam where nothing opened before 10 am, being a little late was acceptable, nobody rushed everywhere. Stress levels were very low and "happiness levels" were very high. We lived for 3 years in Spain where it was the same way, and in Spain most people walk to where they want to go so that they can enjoy the beautiful days and the company of the people they are with. They have siesta from 2-5 where nothing but the major stores are open and everyone is inside resting or having family time. They have a great quality of life there. I spent 2 days in Portugal also which was great, and would love to go to Ireland.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i've been to somalia, ireland, russia, germany, italy& the USA (i'm canadian). there are so many more places i'd like to see.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I love the US (even though I don't always like it...kinda like our kids haha) but I will be sad when I move. I can't wait to travel though. I love history and so seeing things that were part of history is exciting to me.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Moonlover if you like history you would love spain! I like history and architecture and it was just amazing over there. There's the cathedral where colombus' tomb is, the cathedral itself was finished in the 1400's. There's ruins of old buildings everywhere, they don't tear down their old buildings either they just make them into something new. There's restaurants built into parts of old castles and everything.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009