What do you think would be more on the abusive side?

making your kids eat their veggies?
or
Letting them eat nothing but junk food?

I think letting them eat nothing but junk would be more abusive. Definitely more harmful.

My SSs grandfather seems to think its abusive for us to make him eat 3 carrots once a month when I make them for dinner, but the grandmother lets him eat nothing but pizza, chips, candy, cookies, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it is abusive to not feed a child healthy and balanced meals. Any parent that sets a child up for failure by feeding them a diet of crap is dead wrong. Obesity is a cause for heart disease and many other healthy issues it is also one of the reason health care is so expensive. Most of the population eats crap and are unhealthy because of it.
    Anonymous

• carrots will only taste bad for a second, junk food can ruin you for life
    Anonymous

• All grandparents are that way. I say keep making him eat the carrots.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Buy the man a book called The China Study by T. Colin Campbell; it will change the way he sees food.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• we have the same prob with SD's BM.... frozen meals< kid cuisene> are good and healthy but carrots and peas are bad....

i just give up and i stoped making her food, i make what i want for dinner, if she dosent like it her dad can deal with it

made my life a
    LOT easire
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 12:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Tell the grandfather to mind his own business.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009