Anyone ever get a false positive with digital tests?

Ive been trying for a while, and have only taken analog P.T. up to this point, but this morning got a positive from a digital test. I dont trust it. Too good to be true.

I dont have to pee yet to try an analog test, and i dont want to down a bunch of water because it dilutes the results.

redderbedder

Asked by redderbedder at 12:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes i got a false positive with a digital test a couple years ago. I wouldnt trust those things ever again. I went to the doctors and it was actually negative. If you get a positive anytime just to be on the safe side i would go to the doctors hun. I recently just found out i was pregnant. So, sendin some dust ur way..
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• false positives are very rare. Even MORE rare that you'd get a false positive from a digital as they typically do not detect very low levels of HCG. Sounds like you are pregnant!
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 12:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It is virtually impossible to get a false positive on any test. Tests can't detect what isn't there. Usually what people are considering a false positive is a pregnancy that doesn't take, the embryo doesn't implant, in essence a very early miscarriage. Wait a couple of days, test again if it's positive then get it confirmed by the doctor by both blood and urine. The blood test will give you a better idea of how far along you are.  Good luck to you.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• thanks!!! i had to pee again and used an analog. Got a faint line.
    I suspect its really early, but im making an immediate doc's appointment.
    Thanks for the pregnancy dust!!!

So Excited!
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009