anyone know good relationship books?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• The Five Love Languages is good. It is by Gary Chapman
    nicky5053

Answer by nicky5053 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Also the Love Dare is a good way to help show you spouse how you feel about them.
    nicky5053

Answer by nicky5053 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I know of several -- probably a dozen.

For science-backed, research-proven theory (rather than 'it stands to reason' and 'this is my excuse why my last 5 marriages have exploded') John Gottman is the leader in the field. 'Why Marriages Succeed or Fail' is the most comprehensive, but he has more accessible books.

To understand why controlling other people, even those we are married to or give birth to, is not at all possible -- and what to do instead -- 'Getting Together, Staying Together' by William Glasser is brilliant.

For a cheeky, practical look at relationships and the funny assumptions people make while they're in them, Nita Tucker's 'How Not to Screw it Up' is a good one.

To transform a relationship into something you want to spend time with, 'The 10 Second Kiss' and the 2 original books, 'Light His Fire' and 'Light Her Fire' by Ellen Kreidman, are excellent.

I agree about The Five Love Languages, too.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Lies at the Altar is a great book!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I second the Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. It REALLY help my marriage
    zipitty

Answer by zipitty at 1:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• The holy bible. seriously. I like the book of 1Corinthians.
    Anonymous

• I am not trying to be funny or anything but when me and my hubby get in to a little argument I read the Bible it has helped me out a lot!
    LiLMamma81

Answer by LiLMamma81 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009