Those that have children or are pregnant and knows the sex of child..

I am 7 weeks and 3 days and I had my first ultrasound today. The baby's heart rate was 160 Can you determine if the child is a boy or a girl by their heart rate? If so, what was your childs heartrate and what sex were they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You cant tell what your going to have by the heart rate. Thats just an old wives tale.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No. That is a old wise tale. You can find out in do time.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 12:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• both my daughter's had heartrates over 150 and apparently that means its a girl and they both were, however, sometimes my 2nd's dropped to 140 which indicates a boy. usually a higher heart rate could mean a girl but its not 100% true.. especially if your only 7 weeks
    Anonymous

• my OBGYN was for sure i was having a girl by the heart rate....but then i had my 20 week ultra sound and it was a BOY!!! so i don't think the heart rate is a good indication of the sex of the baby. and every visit he would listen to the heart beat and always ask, "i swear it sounds like a girl".
    Anonymous

• There are some general guidelines (faster heart rates tend to be boys, slower tend to be girls) but that is hardly a hard and fast rule. I knew I was carrying girls, both times, and both heartrates were at the 'cut off' between the two ranges: 144.

Just wondering: why do you need to know?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Mine was right... Girl... but I wouldn't count on that. Its deffinatly not reliable.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 12:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Even ultrasound isn't 100%. My oldest was on the cut off heart rate wise, and every ultra sound she put her little bottom up, we never could get a clear picture.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Both of mine had high heart rates (150-160), and I have a boy and a girl.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Each of my children seem to have a faster hb. My youngest that I'm pregnant with right now has the fastest, my oldest Carlos had the slowest. I have 4 children, JuanCarlos, Olivia, MiguelAngel, and I'm now pregnant with Orlando. I don't go by the hb, b/c that would mean Olivia should've had the fastest but she was the second slowest. It just depends on the child.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Nope mine is wrong. My little boy has had a heartrate at least 150 or above since day 1...which supposedly means the baby is a girl. And nope he's a boy! The heartrate actually starts to slow down the further along you get in pregnancy so 160 at 7 weeks is pretty typical for EVERYONE. Its just an old wives tale. There is nothing you can do to determine the sex of the baby for certain except an ultrasound.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009