Anyone else in the last few weeks of pregnancy and still have SO MUCH TO DO???

I'm really freaking out! I literally had a panic attack last night. My heart was racing, I couldn't catch my breath, I was sweating & felt like I was having a heart attack just after thinking about everything I still need to do!

I'm trying not to stress about it but I don't know how to NOT stress about it. My doctor told me to have my bags packed by now & to have everything ready for the baby by 36 weeks.

Well I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday & as far as bags all I have packed is his diaper bag. I still need to sterilize the breastpump, pacifiers, milk storage bottles, etc. I need to get his cradle all put together (wash the bedding and put it on). I still need to order his dresser. I need to rearrange the closet.

AND on top of all this I have a ton of stuff I have to do around the house before I can start on all that.

My DH works like 80 hours a week so I'm basically doing it all by myself!

Am I the only 1?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 38 weeks and have been feeling like that too. I didnt sterilize the nipples and pacifiers until yesterday. I STILL don't have my bag packed. I didn't know we were supposed to bring a diaper bag, so now Ive gotta pack that as well! LOL For some reason I am not getting this "nesting" thing.. I mean I want to clean everything, but I just am too tired. You are not alone. thats for sure.
    Anonymous

• haha no freaken out :) take a deep breath... Its all going to be A ok... my daughter just turned a year old and let me just say that I felt like i had nothing done... Dont stress try and get yr basics done and if you miss a few things dont worry about it... as long as you get the bedding ready and the cradle up so the baby has a place to sleep thats most important as far as yr hospitol bag daddy can always grab you some clothes at the last minnut... Sterilizing only taakes a short amont of time and can be done when you get home from the hospitol if need be... Just remember it might be nice to have everything ready and perfect when you bring baby home but if it dont get done it aint something to panic about... pluss too much stress aint good for the baby so take a deep breath and relax everthing is going to be ok I promise... And once baby is in yr arms you wont care if they have matching curtins in their room :) lol LUCK!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Wow I cant beleive I wrote that my daughter just turned a month old not a year old... I would cry if she was that old already :)
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am 36 weeks and I have a checklist for the hospital bag laying on top of an empty bag. The crib is not together and none of Baby Brown's clothes have been washed. I am still working, so I plan to spend the next couple of weekends getting everything together. I haven't been stressed at all during this pregnancy- I'm more nervous than anything. Just pace yourself and know that it will all come together. If you think you can't do it alone, it wouldn't hurt to ask your mom or one of your best buds for help. I'm not sure if its your first baby or not, but my doc told me that your first pregnancy will most likely go past your due date.
    BabyBrown0629

Answer by BabyBrown0629 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm in 40th week and still don't feel ready...although, my husband will be home for 8 weeks after i give birth to help take care of our children and the house, i'm not going to worry too much. i'm in too much pain to clean, etc. i'm so ready to have this baby at the same time, i'm being patient.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009