My 3yo is like humping her sippy cup

My 3yo is like humping her sippy cup she goes somewhere where no one is and lays on it and moves her butt, she has never seen me and her dad do anything like that, nor has she seen anything on TV like that from us I do not know if she has from someone else. I am so confused on why she is doing this and how to get her to stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if noone has been watching her snd you have no suspicions im sure its normal behavior her just experimenting new feelings . i wouldnt worry about it ignore it shell probably stop
    Anonymous

• That does not sound normsal and i would call her doctor and talk with him about it thats not normal and she saw it from someone a child just does'nt come up with something like that.
    Anonymous

• I actually used to do something similar to that when I was little. I used to grab a pillow and lay on my stomach on the floor and "hump" the ground. I don't know how I started doing that or why, but I did it because it felt good. And actually its the only way I can have an orgasm now. I don't want to freak you out or anything but she probably just figured out that it feels good. I know its weird. My mom used to yell at me when I would do it but it didn't make me stop...I would just try harder for her not to see me the next time.
    Anonymous

• I don't think its serious....there's an episode of House where a mom comes in and asks a similar question...House says " She's ya yaing the sisterhood "
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree with anon :33. I did this too as a kid. It is not something she learned for watching someone. It feels good, that is why she is doing it. My mom would yell at me too and AI would try to hide better next time. I wouldn't worry.
    Anonymous

• I never thought about it like that cause i use to do that to when i was younger but not this young i am kind of scared to talk to her dr about it though thank you ladies
    Anonymous

• I agree, I think it's normal. She probably did something like that one day and realized it felt good so she keeps doing it. You could always put limits on her when she has her cup, like tell her she can only use it at the table or in the kitchen, no walking around with it to curb it some.
    Anonymous

• In the episode House tells her to teach her daughter about privacy.....you learn so much from tv. I do think 3 seems young( especially for the concept of privacy) but its just a primal thing and I agree with PP that she just figured it out.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• what is the doctor going to do?? I mean it's not like he can prescribe her something to make her stop. There is nothing wrong with your child, she just figured out that it feels good. Maybe a little sooner than the rest of us did, but that's fine. If she is going away from everybody, then just leave her be. && don't let anyone tell you that there is something wrong with her. Sexual issues are not bad or wrong to talk about, it's when you don't talk to your children about them that they start trying to experiment && figure things out on their own.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yep count me in as a humper!! LOL
    I did it at a young age as well b/c it felt good.
    I am 31 yo and have had no negative effects from doing this early in my life.
    It's completely normal.
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 8:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009