ok so my son is2months old and in a few weeks we are going on a trip to seattle when my in-laws come up and we will be out in the sun... and my doctor says ot to use sun screen on him until he is 6months .. should I listen I not use it or put it on him anyways!?

I mean Ill have him in a hat and stuff but I don't want him to get a sunburn and we will be gone all day! and my hubby also plays baseball so we will be in the son all summer.

Eschal

Asked by Eschal at 12:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe there is sunscreen out there just for babies....just keep looking...and if at all keep him out of the sun
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 12:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I would listen to the doctor and keep that baby out of the sun!!! When my kids were that small I didn't keep them indoors, but I kept them in the shade. Take an umbrella with you for shade if you have to.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes you need to use sunscreen.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 12:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can use water babies i have used it on my daghter since she was a week old and shes just fine. Have a great trip : )
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 12:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my sugestion skip the sun screen and just keep him covered... Sunscreen on babies can sometimes cause bad skin reactions thats why they tell you to wait... If you cover him up and watch him carfully he should be fine... Look at the store they make shirts and stuff for babies that is cotted in a UV protectent and hats too!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• HE JUST NEEDS A BEACH UMBRELLA AND T-SHIRT!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Just cover him up in a shirt, hat and umbrella. I took my son to the ocean a 4 months. He was out all day and never got even a tiny amoount of sun exposure. I never used sunscreen until he was 6 months. We also toured all over Florida, even Sea World. Again, he came home just as pale as he left.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You should be fine with just keeping him covered, in the shade and using an umbrella. I live in Washington and I am familiar with the Seattle area. It will most likley be cool and and overcast...maybe even rain! So just make sure you do have an umbrella so you can use it for sun or rain. As for the sunscreen, there is no sunscreen on the market for any child under 6 months.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Here check this out..
    http://www.coolibar.com/01701g.html
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I called and talked to my ped about this exact same thing. I take a medication that makes me super sensitive to the sun and was wondering if DD is gettiing the same side effect since I am nursing. They said to assume she is and keep her out of the sun as much as possible and use sunscreen. They said the Water Babies brand was the best for little babies and to do a little test spot somewhere first to make sure baby doesnt have a reaction to it. We used Water Babies 70+ SPF on her and our twin toddlers as well as myself this weekend and they all did great. I had the same stuff on and got pink arms- and I was only outside for about 45 minutes!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 1:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009