Is it too late to plant rose bushes?

Is it too late to plant bushes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• no.. i would think so.. mine just started to have flowers on them.. go for it..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Nope actually you can plant perenials well into the fall. I am a big miracle grow person, I think it makes all the differnece. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My roses bloom all year, I have 9 rose bushes all different colors and types. I've planted them at different times of year over the last 7 years. I've even transplanted a few I wanted in a different spot. Just remember they need atleast 6 hours of sun and well drained rich soil with a good fertilizer. Knock out roses are the best especially if you live in Texas. They're heat tolerant and bloom like crazy.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If you do plant ...and you should be fine. Just remember to make a cone of soil and compost in the planting hole. Set the roots around that. Like it is a pyrimid with rose roots going down it. With the plant resting on top. Throw in a couple banana peels and plant so the bottom nub of the plant is just above the ground and you should be more than fine
    chedhead

Answer by chedhead at 10:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009