swaddeling?

my 3 month old can wiggle out of her swaddling at night now and it's the only way I know to put her to bed, because if I don't do it then she flails her arms around and keeps herself awake, what do I do know? Should I try just putting her down without it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We bought my son these special swaddler wraps at Babies R Us and they worked wonders. They have velcro so they stay swaddled all night. My son was able to get out of the blankets and we started using these and used them until he could get out of them at 9 months! At first he woke himself up a lot at night but then he got used to not being swaddeled and was fine
    CaliMama88

Answer by CaliMama88 at 1:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Once they are old enough to "come undone" its time to stop swaddling. Just make sure she is in proper jammies and put her down without a blanket.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I forgot to add that we wrap her in a "Mirical Swaddling Blanket" designed to hold her in better then just a blanket would....
    Anonymous

• You must not be swaddling tight enough. I can wrap a kid up in a flash and they look like a plank. You can pick them up and move them and they can move. I did it all the time at the daycare. The other baby teacher made me do it for her. You have to tuck their legs up against them and hold their arms at their sides. And wrap as far as it will go.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• i had this problem too, they make ones with velcro that really help. we swaddled up until about 6 months at which he would wake up every time he came unwrapped and i was waking up 5-6 times a night to rewrap him. we let him cry it out to learn how to put himself back to sleep around six months, it suprised me and only took one night and he seems so much happier sleeping free cause it turns out he is a stomach sleeper!
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009