Cafe Mom Cliques!!!!!

Has anyone else put up a post or asked a question and pretty much nobody said a word? I have picked up on the fact that there are some cliques on here and if you aren't part of them they ignore you. I try to answer as many questions as I can, even if I have no idea what to tell someone. When someone is really asking for advice or help, just knowing someone took the time to read their post or question and say " hey I don't know really what to tell you, but good luck" means a lot to people. Nobody likes to be ignored, so why don't people spread their horizons stop only communicating with a certain group of people. I though Cafe Mom was for everyone to help each other not just to help certain people. Quit being mean and ignoring people. And if someone really needs help at least try.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I have noticed that a lot of questions are getting ignored... I like to look at the recently posted Q's and see if I can help... It's getting worse than high school around here more like middle school
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've noticed that too. There are a lot of immature women on here, and most of them are older than me! It's like high school drama all over again lol. I've posted questions before and never get a clear answer because people have started fighting within the answers.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I feel the same way.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• the only places I have seen any cliques are in their own groups. On clubMom there was one in the photos section, maybe there is in that section here too? I have not noticed anything in the answers section except when somebody posts a Q that is spelled so wrong you can't figure out what they are trying to ask.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't, because they still answer my damn question in anon...lol. Can't help themselves. So if you do ask a question and you see a smart ass comment from an anon, THATS THEM...LOL. I don't really know whose in a clique or not, I guess I haven't picked up on that yet.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Thank you very much for voiceing this it's about time someone else feels the same way i feel. I do try to do the same no matter if i know the answer or even know what to say. Telling someone to have a great day is better then nothing.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I somewhat agree. That's why I mostly answer questions anon or ask my questions anon. I feel if I don't they get disregarded!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I just assume if someone doesn't answer my question, they don't have any decent advice to give (and I had rather have it that way). I haven't noticed the clique thing.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I've asked only a few questions, and there aren't many responses, but what there were answered my question. The number of responses depends on the question, from what I can tell. I haven't observed people answering questions only from certain people. I know sometimes I don't answer, because I think others have done a fine job already of answering. Sometimes I don't answer because the issue is so upsetting that I don't feel I can answer. Sometimes I answer, as you do, for the sake of showing support and wishing that I had advice to offer but don't, and sometimes I answer because I do know an answer or have advice.

Answer by Bmat at 1:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ive noticed the same thing! It's happend to me to the point that I leave the groups! I offten feel that if Im not worth the time to answer a serious question than why bother being in the group!

Im hopping that Cafemom can do something to change that! Lets all hope they can ladies. :0)
    mikeysmom989

Answer by mikeysmom989 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009