Is getting him self-help books for our two year anniversary appropriate?

The two books are...

"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Men: Simple Ways to Minimize Stress in a Competitive World"

"You Can Be Happy No Matter What: Five Principles for Keeping Life in Perspective"

Besides a card, this is all I am planning on getting him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that is pretty insulting. I think you should probably get him something to relieve stress. Get the five love languages for both of you.
    Anonymous

• It depends on if he really wants those books or you just think he needs them. I can envision him telling his next wife yeah on our 2nd anniversarry she gave me self help books.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Perhaps maybe get him a subscription to Sports Illustrated or some other magazine would be a better choice. Guys aren't really into self help books, in my experience.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• He is into Zen and ready in general. My friend which is his co-worker gave him self-help cds to listen to and he has.
    Anonymous

• GET THE MOVIE FIREPROOF
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Oops...I meant reading, not ready...lol.
    Anonymous

• I bought that movie along with the books. I also bought some books for me as well.
    Anonymous

• Wow are you trying to be a bitch to him i would be in the lawyers office asap if thats what i got for a present.. Have you fell down and bumped your head or has he really done something to piss you off to no end??!!!!!
    Anonymous

• He's got a lot of issues that he has been trying to work on and I thought that I would give him something to help him realize that he can be happy.
    Anonymous

• He is just my boyfriend, not my husband.
    Anonymous