Losing weight at 37 weeks pregnant

I went to the doctor's today and I have lost 5 lbs in the last two weeks. I am measuring accurate but he wants to do a Ultrasound. Is this normal? or should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I started losing weight at the end of my pregnancy. (Although, I was puking my guts out regularly.) A friend of mine also lost weight during her pregnancy. With mine, I was losing weight and the baby was measuring big.........figure that one out! LOL! I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I lost weight too. I did not have any appetite to speak of. I weighed less at delivery than at conception.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I lost weight through both of my pregnancies, always weighed less at delivery than at conception. However I do believe it is very common for women to lose weight at the end of pregnancy.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 4:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009