lamaze class and labor bag?

first of all, my husband is coming back from basic training in a month so i moved my lamaze classes to next month....anyways, has anyone ever taken these classes with their significant other? if so was it more meaningful with your significant other there and how did they react to the class?
another question....about how many weeks should you start packing your labor bag...im only at 29 weeks and know i have some time before i need to just wondering?

dilemma1

Asked by dilemma1 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah my bf and i went to a "first experiance class" at the hospital im going to deliver at. it was a great experiance we learned so much! and i was so glad my bf went cuz we are first time parents and he is going to be in the labor room w/me so he also learned alot and he kept asking questions and it ment alot to me. about the packing. i have been wondering to and the best thing to do is start packing it alittle before two weeks before your due date because you know how your ob said that your baby can arrive anytime 2 weeks b4 or after the due date. and dont forget your baby's carseat! good luck!
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My husband and I attended lamaze classes and it was a good bonding experience and also we were both educated on child birth so it gave us something to talk about.

I packed my bag the day I turned 38 weeks pregnant. I'm now 40 weeks & 2 days. "They" say to have your hospital bag ready at 36 weeks...but, whatever and however it works out...
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009