Did u ever consider leaving ur hubby-Why did u stay?

My friend told me if I really loved him- I woudnt even consider leaving him- so I stayed- guess what she doesnt talk to me anymore- we dont work in the same place now- Im a stahm. If I would have left I wouldnt have my child now- but it took alot of work and I put up with alot of things I know other woman would not. What made u stay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• so many women think they have to stay "because of the kids" but i believe(jmo) that if mommy isn't happy nobody can be happy. Not to mention kids can sense more than we think they do whether we realize it or not and they can pick up on that sadness.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I honestly dont know. Maybe because we went through a lot to finally be together and we just GET eachother so well. But his character flaws are more than ANYONE but my idiotic self would put up with so i really dont get it either.
    Anonymous

• I stayed for the kids. Its been 5 years and 2 kids and I'm moving out in July. It took alot of guts and alot for me to want to rip our family apart, for the past 3 yrs I thought that it was best to stay for the kids and I didnt have a job, no money, no family to live with. Well I got a job 8 mts ago and I have saved some money and Im moving out on my own to better my self. I guess the only reason i stayed for so long was the kids. Its hard and scary sometimes but you have to do for u and if your unhappy thats not good for you or the kids.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 2:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• First the kid - she needs her mom and her dad, and I don't want to deprive her of that.

Second - I believe in marriage even more than I believe in love. I know marriages get rocky and have hard times...and since there is no abuse or affairs, I think we have vows to honor - and that can get us through until there's lots of love again.

I've seen my parent's marriage go through ups and downs, and they're old and happy together now, and I want to someday be like them.
    Anonymous

• I have to say we're still a wee bit on the "not sure if we'll make it" course, however he has managed to make some considerable efforts that are quite noticeable after I threatened to leave him finally a couple months ago. I'm not saying he's this "perfect guy" but i have to say he is trying, vs. other times i complain and scream and yell and tell him "this is what i want" and it falls on deaf ears.

Think I scared him this time because when i told him i was leaving, I was calm as a bird. LOL No tears, no fuss, no nagging, just facts and confidence. I am going to take a class in the fall and once my 4 yr old goes to kindergarten next year I can FINALLY concentrate on getting my teaching degree. Will take a while, but while they are in school, i will be too. That way if we don't work out i still have a "backup plan" and a degree.

Just make sure you have some type of back up plan. It's not right to be miserable....(cont)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• believe it or not, the day I decided to leave my husband, I was crying and someone rang my doorbell, when I opened they were Jehovahs witnesses. I actually spoke to them this time and the magazine that they happen to have had an article about keeping the family together and working through problems. I told them my problem and they just gave me the magazine and a scripture from the bible and it helped so much. that was 4 years ago and we're still together, happier and we have another child now. I think God sent them to me to help my family.
    Anonymous