How much should my 5 month old be eating. Anyone have sample menus?

Asked by kelka24 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it all depends on the child....When my daughter was 5 months she ate 6 ounces every 2 1/2 hours...and at night i would give her a jar of baby 1st baby foods...she would eat like half of it

• my 5 month old would only have breastmilk, infact he didn't even get a taste of solids until he was about 7 months, and he wasn't ready then either.

Answer by Precious333 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• try Register on line and you get all kinds of feeding tips and coupons for free food. Same with and gerber will give you all sorts of sample menus

Answer by daisy6878 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• breast milk: 5-8 feedings every 24 hours or formula 32-34 ounces every 24 hrs 2-3 tablespoons of infant cerel mixed with breast milk or formula and 1-2 tablespoons thin pureed vegetables...but my son eats way more cereal than 2-3 tablespoons.. i mix it with his fruit lol