Can I get pregnant the day before my period starts?

Me and my husband had unprotected sex the day before I started my period. Is it possible that I could get pregnant during that time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• File:MenstrualCycle2.png

Anonymous

• If you see at the graphic the answer is NO
    Anonymous

• if you ovulated.... but you prob wouldnt get your period the day after you ovulated...sorry
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

•  Graphic depicting the menstrual cycle

Anonymous

• Ovulation (when the egg is released and can be fertilized if sperm are waiting) occurs 11-15 days before the start of your period. If it happens less than 10 days before your period starts, then chances are that if an egg was fertilized, it would not get a chance to implant, and thus a pregnancy would not occur. If you have a short cycle and a long period, it would be possible to get pregnant while on your period, but not in the week and a half before your period.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Not likely hun! You're most fertile during ovulation time. Plus one day doesn't always mean you will have a baby. It can take up to a year to get pregnant. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• its not likely but I had unprotected sex like two days before my period was suppose to come and got pregnant. Anything is possible.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 3:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My mom got pregnant with my youngest sister while she was ON her period and she knew this for a fact bc she said they only has sex like once every three months and that was the last time she had had sex before she found out she was pregnant.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009