Support/Words of encouragement

Im getting nervous about giving birth, any suggestions or what eased your mind when you were a first time mommy right before giving birth?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 1:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just focused on the miracle that I would be holding soon. i know it sounds cliche, but it is so true.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I lost two babies before giving birth to Carter. So I was very excited to finally have my baby to hold. Just know that when you hold your baby for the first time, that all your love is poured into them. You forget about the pain, and all this love overcomes you. Good luck!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 1:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• This article gives a lot of confidence because it gives you a lot of understanding about what is happening with birth and the first hours after birth:

http://www.sarahjbuckley.com/articles/ecstatic-birth.htm

It's titled "Ecstatic Birth: Nature's Hormonal Blueprint for Labor

Blessings !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• umm dont worry? lol i was terrified mostly of the needles cause the pain was no big deal for me. I have a high pain tolerancy. But the contractions distracted me enough from the needles that is wasn't even an issue except it made me a little nauseus. All in all it was actually fun lol. Unless your ANTI pain meds then you'll just sit back and enjoy it lol i was so giddy from the meds nothing fazed me lol
    Anonymous

• Your body knows what to do even if you don't. Try to stay calm. Every delivery is different. If you have an epi get ready for a very nice relaxed birthing experience. If everything goes according to plan you will get your epi and relax until it is time to push. Don't be afraid of C-sections either. I had two and the fear of the unknown is worse than the actual procedure. You will do fine and the minute you push your baby into the world all will be forgoten.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was scared too:D I think all first time moms are. What helped me was I keept thinking that my husband was toing to be there to help and support me through the whole thing, and that I would get to see my baby soon. My labor and delivery was quite easy, I did not have any meds, but don't let me fool you, it does hurt. But in the end it is all worth it:D
    mommy-17

Answer by mommy-17 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009