What Would You do?

I found out through the grapevine that this couple leaves their 18 mo. old in a high chair all day even leaves them there to sleep and only gets taken out for bedtime at 10 pm. Because the mom likes her house spotless and perfect. The older sibling is in therapy for speech and developmental delays. I found this out through a third party and I am very upset, I don't have any way to bring it up because I have never actually witnessed it, just heard through others, plus, there's no way to prove it.

Janieann

Asked by Janieann at 2:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do you live near this couple or seen this couple? If so maybe ask them over dinner, or bring her some cookies and say would you like to a have a girly hour with me, or something like. "Like; gee I really would like to get to know you better and say I like you because, or your children are almost or are the same age as mine.
    Don't assume what a third party says it can or cannot be true; you won't know unless you put your foot foward and find out.
    If it's true poor baby. I mean that is a bit cruel; your house is going to be a bit messy one way or another; he's a baby.
    F_Stathouse

Answer by F_Stathouse at 3:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• What is that "third party" doing about it? ... Perhaps you could get on THEIR case - this IS child abuse.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• If you have not actually seen this stuff going on then,,leave it alone..Because it might not be true.

Answer by louise2 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I find that hard to believe, but IF that IS true -that's Horrilbe and those children need someone to speak for them - somehow you should find out more info or if that's really true or BS women gossip - for these kids sake!!!! how could you live with knowing that and not finding out more?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ask yourself this question, is the person you got the information from a reliable source? If the answer is no, then squash it and move on. If anybody get any information from someone and you know they are not a reliable source then you should straighten them out for gossipping about whoever they are talking about. When a person flapps their lips about something and they don't know what they are talking about that gossiper can get them in some serious trouble.
    Juschilln

Answer by Juschilln at 4:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009