Pounds lost = what dress/pant size?

I heard somewhere that women go down 1 dress size for every 10 lbs lost. I've lost 12 lbs recently and my jeans fit looser, but I can't get into a size smaller yet. What do you know or think? Are results individual or is there a formula to determine how much we need to lost to drop sizes?

HannahMom2000

Asked by HannahMom2000 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I think this could vary a lot depending on your height, where you were carrying the weight, etc.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• well I have lost 25lbs and i still fit my pants but they are loose and comfy. So I am confused by this as well. I can't get into smaller yet..
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 2:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am 5 ft 7 when I was 145 lbsI could wear a 12 and at 165 I can still fit but they are snug. So I think it depands were you put on the weight. I am guessing I put it on all over my body.
    Anonymous

• I think it also depends on the inches you lose as well. Plus some places run bigger or smaller with their clothes. I'm sure if you find the right store you'll find a smaller size that fits haha but it'll boost your ego and make you keep working out more !!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think its wrong. I lost 30 pounds and still fit into the same jeans -.-; Lovely.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think it is different for everyone. It depends on your height, where the weight is, and which sizes you are in. My friend taught me that there is a small gap between the smaller sizes. (I knew her being in clothing design would come in handy). For instance, there may be a one inch difference between a size 14 and a 16; but only a half inch difference between a size 2 and a 4. For me, I have gained 50 pounds from when I thin-ish but many of my pants are on ONE size up. Sure, that's good for me becaues I carry weight better than some...but I also will have to lose a million pounds before anyone can notice. Always go by clothing and body tone rather than losing "weight" because the number on the scale, whether going up or down, essentially means nothing.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• So inches make the difference in clothing size, not weight....
    HannahMom2000

Answer by HannahMom2000 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009