Need some advice, i have a 17 month old, and im almost 37 weeks pregnant

What can i expect with my first daughter when the new baby comes?

How can i show her, since she is only 17 months and she doesnt understand when i tell her, that i love her still?

Any advice on anything?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 2:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She understands. I bought my baby a gift from new baby. Gave it to her when she was in the hospital. Never had problems other then a little to much help. Had to really keep my eyse on her.

good luck
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 2:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My baby shower is this weekend, and my mom is doing a "helper basket" for her.
    A big basket full of diapers lotions everything to take care of a baby, all for the new baby.
    A new outfit for my older girl, that matches a litter one in the basket for the baby.
    And something just for her.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My boys are only 13 months apart. For the most part I just made sure we had a lot of physical contact like we did before. When they are that young your presense and touch are what matters most. Lots of kisses and hugs. My boys are now 2 and 3 and I know Will has no memory of life before Jack Jack. They get along great.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was just told that you need to always give the attention to your toddler like nothing has changed...
    you can give her a baby doll when you come home with your new baby...that's what i will be doing any day now. My children will be 18 months apart. It's a good thing I will have my husband home helping me take care of the kids and the house for 8 weeks after I give birth. Plus, I have my parents and in-law's near by as well.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I had the same question. My oldest will be a year and a month old when we have her little brother. I'll be doing the baby doll thing, wrapping a present for her, attempting to cuddle with her whenever possible.. I dont think mine will be a problem. She never wants to love on me anyways >__>
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 4:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009