What did your husband do during your pregnancy?

Was he understanding of what your going through? Rubbed your feet and rubbed the belly and took care of you?
Or.....
Was he acting like you are over reacting to back pain and seems to think that you can still do everything like you did before and never wants to feel the baby move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hahaha um a husband being sensitive to our feelings during pregnancy that only happens in movies lol my husband was a meanie he acted like i was still me and not a beached whale lol
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 2:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• he thought it was all in my mind when i had cramps...ended up being a bad uti. he also thought I was being a drama queen one evening...ends up I was in labor lmao. he's a first time parent also, so he didnt have a CLUE what to expect and how real everything I went through was! he's not the massage type in general, so i never got one, but he really pampered me when it came to meals. he always offered to cook and still does when it's "not my turn" =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• number 2
    Amars_Mommy

Answer by Amars_Mommy at 2:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes, my husband is the sweetest dad to our 17 month old and to our unborn. :D
    I just mention my back or feet or legs or whatever hurts and hes on it with lotion and massage oil.
    I mention im hungry, and hes in the kitchen.

I LOVE HIM!!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My DH is amazing. This is our first and he has taken care of me for the most part. There are times when hes an ass dont get me wrong but if im hurting that bad he will rub my feet and my back. Hes not to big on feeling the baby move it creeps him out but at least he helps me with things around the house when i ask. It dosnt always get done right away but he will get it done within a few days lol. He has even made me dinner alot so i dont have to stand there and cook. He tells me that this is my time to rest because its going to be hell when the baby gets here lol. But even though he takes care of me when i need it hes still a jerk. When we go to the docs office we park in the expecting mothers parking and he calls it the fat lady parking....And he makes fun of how i cant fit into any of my cloths that i used to wear before i got pregnant. But he does it in a funny way so i dont get to mad. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• turned into a total asshole. Started drinking more. Got more verbally and physically abusive. When I had the Flu, I was very very sick. Our other two kids (6yo and 2yo at the time) had the flu as well and were puking in the other bathroom. All he had to say to me as I lay on the bathroom floor unable to take care of myself  or our other kids was, "What the F is wrong with you?" then he left for two days on a drinking binge with some crack head girl he met at the bar.

Men suck!

Anonymous

• # 2, not all the time but most of it. I am 34 wks and 3 days preggo and have only gotten 1 foot massage and I've been miserable, crying and depressed my whole pregnancy! Outside of the pregnancy thing, he's a great dad, no complains there :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Holy crap anon! I hope you are no longer with him! Jeeze!
    Mine depended on the day. For the most part he was very sympathetic to my symptoms. He had to work a lot so did not get overly involved in the drs apt. He did help with cravings and aches and pains. Was at every ultra sound but one. I had both by c-section and he was VERY good to me during and after.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• God bless my Husband. He dosent understand anything...But he got pregnancy down pat...He reads and listens to me and takes care of me...Get me what I need...I am still in shock I didnt think he would be this good.

Some men just dont get it...They see us as strong before hand a dont realize it....
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 3:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I truly have a wonderful husband. He's compassionate and understanding. Really takes good care of me. I feel very blessed.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009