Did you know that some children can't eat wheat?

It is not allergies. A friend of mine said that these kids can not break down the wheat in their stomach. Very strange!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I do believe it because mine is one of them. He is not allergic but can not break it down properly to digest it. He is gluten free and rice free. He is 2 now and just now are we introducing dairy and eggs. He is on a digestive enzyme and a pro-biotic and that has helped greatly. He has been tested for celiac and doesn't have it. I hope that as his digestive system grows up soon he will be able to eat everything with out a problem.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• its fairly common! and not just kids adults too.
    AmandaQuu

Answer by AmandaQuu at 2:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes, I did. I am not completely sure, but my daughter has problems that I think have to do with wheat and dairy products. I think she needs to be on a glutten free diet, but I havent researched enough about it to know what to do. I m still working on it but we have cut out a lot of her dairy. SHe suffers with chronic stomach pain and constipation.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It is very common. The risk in increased by introducing wheat before babies turn 1.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009