Anyone have old gold jewelry?

I cleaned out my gold jewelry...panda rings and stuff I never wear. It was all old junk to me. I turned it in to a jewelry store to sell as scrap gold. They said they would rather sell it for more,but i would have to wait fo the money. They have called me twice so far. One gold ring was a band from walmart with a few little diamonds I bought it for $110. (well he bought it LOL) I just got a call that it was sold and I get $80!! Im so excited this stuff was just cluttering up my jewerly box...and they have sold 2 things in 6 months...just an idea if you want to clean out your stuff and make some cash. I was seriously expecting $15!!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah the demand for gold jewelry is high these days. Wonder why though?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 2:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Somehow I find it funny that people have old scrap gold jewelry. On those commercials, "I just turned in my old scrap jewelry and got cash the next day" "Turn it into CASH!"
    Somehow, I don't have excess gold jewelry laying around. Maybe I should start making me dh buy me some. lol
    Anonymous

• I didnt send mine in the mail...I wouldnt trust them, but mine is stuff rom high school that I just dont like anymore. None of it was expensive to start with which is why Im so happy!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• there was a women on here once that said she worked for the cash4cold people, and she was warning people not to use them and explained how they ripped people off.
    Golds selling at 980ish today, thats 980 an ounce. its a good time to sell
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My mom went to a Cash for Gold type store just to see what king of $$ they would give her for a ring. She wasn't interested in selling the ring, she was just curious as to what the store would offer her for it.
    The ring was semi new (only a few years old). The ring cost $3,500.oo new, the Cash for Gold type store would only give her $98.00 for it.
    What a rip off. She laughed in their faces.
    Anonymous

• Anon that is why they told me to sell mine on consignment instead of as scrap gold. Mine was just resold as is. Hers probably had a stone in it that was worth money too.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 2, 2009