Are you give out when you take your little one on errands?

I have had to run errands the past two days and my 3.5 year old went and I was wooped both days! I guess getting them in and out of the seat, fighting to get them out of the stores and so on........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes most days I am tired after running errands with a 4.5 year old and a 17 month old. I think it is mentally draining too. At least for me, I am breaking the two boys up b/c one has something the other wants, the 17 month old is whiney etc...
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 3:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• YES! I know what you are saying. We have an 80 mile drive (round trip) to our nearest grocery store and it literally kills me each week. By the time I am home I am covered in sweat and exhausted.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hell yes, OMG its exhausting. And they say being a SAHM isn't a sweaty 24 hour job!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 3:30 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OMG.. I forgot about the sweating...
    I can go out in 20* weather with just my sweater on in the winter and it doesn't phase me! I get soo hot getting 2 rambunctious boys out the door!
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 4:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yup. Its exhausting. But well, what else can you do. At least my lil one just turned 4 and my big one is 5 and he knows how to put on his seat belt. but yup, in and out of the carts, the car, running around, mommy look, please don't touch that..., mommmmmmy Ayla.... No I didin't Ja..... can I have turkey? Can we look at the toys?
    Yup. I usually end up indulging in ready made food at the grocery store b/c I just can't fact cooking at 7:30 after going to the grocery store.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Yes ,very exhausting! I have five kid's and they keep me going allll the time,I have a 2 and 3.5 year old that stay at home with me and OMG I get sooo exhausted every where I go and I do mean every where. But I look at it this way, people ask me at my church how do I stay skinny because I am the only small person there and I say hat because we only have at least on or reg.day about 23 people and thay all want to lose some pds. and I tell them If you want I can send some home with you and you can see why I stay at 102pds. LOL
    LiLMamma81

Answer by LiLMamma81 at 7:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• LiLMamma81 - I am the same way!!!
    If I don't exercise one day I have my 17 mo and 4.5 yo to keep me on my toes. When my older son learned to crawl I was in the best shape of my life.
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 7:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• This is probably the most challenging part of any SAHM's day.....I tend to avoid it like the plague. I rarely take my 4 yr old son shopping without the hubby there with me because even with him it's a joke and with my 9 mth old who's developementaly slow it's even more of a joke. SORRY...but I need all the help I can get in this arena.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:28 AM on Jun. 3, 2009