Should i be scared?

I had a c-section 17 months ago.
This friday ill be 37 weeks..

Im having a VBAC
AND IM FREAKING OUT!!!

I have to push this baby out. Its gunna hurt. I dont want meds..

Is it that bad?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 3:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have never had a c-section but i have had 2 vaginal deliveries and i didn't think they were that bad. I personally think the worst part of delivery is when the babys head is crowning that's when it stings but it goes away as soon as you push the baby out. I am also 3 months along with my 3rd and plan on doing the same with this next one as long as there are no complications. Just stay positive and tell yourself "you know you can do it". Good luck and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I would be nervous. My best friend had a VBAC and was very nervous. But, she said it was great!! Everything went so well. So I would say it is perfectly normal to be a little scared, but don't waste too much time worrying about it! :-)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have 5 kids. One natural, thought I was going to die I won't lie. But that is my own experience. I know women who go natural and do beautifuly. It was back in 86 and an epi was not an option back then. I had two with the epi and it was a wonderful experience. I had my last two c-sections as they were breach. Why no meds? Motherhood and Martyr are not synonomys. It doesn't make you a bad person if you cannot manage the pain and need an epi. No one will look down on you for getting help managing the pain of child birth. I agree with the post abve me, once I started pushing and then delivered the pain was all but forgotten. Don't freak out, every experience is different. My 3rd baby practally delivered herself and cleaned up after herself lol and has been a dream ever since!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well I had a VBAC after my c-section but I have to say that I had pain meds right towards the end. I held off for as long as I could(I wanted to experience contractions and other labor things) but I ended up getting the meds and it didn't hurt at all. Before I got the meds I do have to say the contractions are extremely painful(but I have a low tolerance for pain) but you get through them because you know nothing will compare to that moment when you push your baby out fully and you hear that cry.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm right there with you. I had a c-section 18 months ago, yesterday...and I'm past due and waiting to experience my all natural VBAC. I took lamaze and hypno-birthing classes and hope to use the meditation techniques to the fullest. I will have my husband, mother and birthing doula for support during labor. I will be able to answer your question about pain management really soon, I hope.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• To me I think contrations hurt worst then haveing my baby's,I have 5 of them and I had my 3rd in a car!My 2nd was almost a car baby but I made it just in time 2 min.to spare. If you are in pain the Doc. can give you something for it,I didn't have anything for my 3rd & 4th but for my 5th I don't think she gave me enough so I will say I didn't have any for him either I think it was water she gave me LOL
    LiLMamma81

Answer by LiLMamma81 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009