What really clears your skin?

What product do you use that REALLY gets rid of acne.Does proactive work for any of you?

babysyoungmom1

Asked by babysyoungmom1 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i use completly natural products..ive tried almost every store product to no avail,.and if you think about it,.if they really worked,..wouldnt they eventally go out of buissness? my sister uses proativ and spens 100 every 2 months if not more and she still has terrible acne. i use pure honey(right out of the honey bear) and apply nightly before washing my face..every 3 days i add baking soda.,i just use an unscented baby soap to wash my face and the honey.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I wish I could tell you. I don't have acne but my 15 yr old dd does. I know its from stress and anxiety about school and we are getting ready to move. I watch her closely and notice that she breaks out more when life is chaotic. I took her to the derm doc and he gave her two meds. One by mouth and one topical. It looked like it was going to work but the last 2 weeks, its stopped working. She wants me to buy proactiv for 30 days just to try. She told me that if it didnt work, she would go back to the dermatologist. Shes also putting mederma on her face in spots. She has picked at a few spots and they have scars. I might try the honey thing. That sounds like its inexpensive, but does it work for severe acne?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• LUV PROACTIVE!!! I think it is totally worth the money! My skin has never been so clear.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I use St. Ives medicated apricot scrub, with Salicylic acid and then CVS triple face wash, with Triclosan. The combination of the two ingredients clears any breakouts right up. Also cut out anything that uses hydrogenated vegetable oil (like margarine). The (hydrogenated vegetable oil ) is really bad for your skin, especially if you're acne prone. Some guy at work told me to stop using margarine and my face cleared up in days.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OH, OH, OH!!!!

I use honey too, I also add oatmeal & lime. The oatmeal will keep your face hydrated & it will also keep the mask from dripping off your face. The lime is for the vitamin C. Not only does the acidity also kill bacteria on your skin, but it FRESH vitamin C is KEY for not getting wrinkles. There is no product in the store that will work as good as FRESH vitamin C. You cannot use bottled lime or lemon juice, it HAS to come from a fresh lemon or lime. Once the lime starts to oxidize, the anti wrinkle magic is gone. So use it quickly.

My skin went from scars & zits to porcelain clear. Store products do not work very good at all. This concoction has saved my face.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yes! the honey works for severe acne..nature will never fail you!!!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• also try an egg yolk! its got tons of vitamin a and that is essential for clear skin..just seperate the egg white from the yolk and apply.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• So where do i find these things at? We dont have an all natural supply store around here so can i pick up any kind of honey when im at a regular store?
    babysyoungmom1

Answer by babysyoungmom1 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yes,.its justt the honey at the grocery store,..but be sure it says PURE honey,.not fake.arm and hammer baking soda and the lemon or lime in the produce section!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My 18 year old son uses honey, and it works. When you are not going to be going out for a while just dab on your blemish and leave for a few hours remove with warm water.
    freejewelslady

Answer by freejewelslady at 3:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2009