Where I come from (Indiana)

We put macaroni noodles in our chili, with crackers and a glass of milk on the side. So do you put pasta in your chili(I've heard of people using spaghetti too) or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm from Indiana too. We put macaroni in our chili, with green peppers, onion, hamburger, tomatoes....it's really good! I don't like chili without noodles.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Ugh NO! lol I do know some people her that do, but it is not a normal thing here.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Oh yeah also, where are you from? _OP_
    Anonymous

• No pasta in the chili, no. My mom adds a bit of diced jalepeno to ours. Mmm... chili sounds good!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:09 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have heard of that as well. Its not common in the south, but people do do it. I think it sounds like it would be good.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't usually, but sometimes I make ChiliMac! If I put noodles in it I don't put to many and I skip the crackers. My fav. way to have chili is no noodles, but smear cream cheese on my saltine then dip in chili. Peanut butter sandwich dipped in is good also!!! MMMM
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Oh- and I'm from Iowa. And we DO have a glass of milk handy usually, ease the burn a bit! :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• LOL! I am from Indiana and NEVER heard of macaroni in chili until I went to Wisconsin. I heard it was a North or Wisconsin thing. Never knew people in Indiana did it too!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'm from Pennsylvania but, I've never heard of putting any kind of pasta in chili. I usually just serve it over white rice & top it with shredded chedder cheese. I think I'd like it if I grew up eating it that way but, since I'm so used to it with rice & cheese I don't think I'd like it prepared differently; but, then again I prefer my Moms chili to ALL others....

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Whole wheat noodles or brown rice (also diced avocado and cheese)

Answer by rkoloms at 4:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009