Pregnant and Braces

I am in my 30's and had adult braces for a while. I went to the dentist today and he said that they are still misaligned and I could put them back on for 3-6 months if I want to make them perfect. He said that it wouldn't harm the pregancy. Do you think a pregnant woman looks wierd with adult braces? I'm really self consious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think anyone looks weird with braces, especially a pregnant woman. Pregnant women are beautiful and braces can't take that beauty away.

fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 3:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well, I was pregnant with braces. But I wasnt an adult I was a teen.
    I think that people are so preoccupied with your belly that they dont even notice and I am so proud of my teeth now that I let the orthodotist make them perfect. I would keep the braces. Do other things to make yourself feel pretty!
    Get a manicure/pedicure.
    Get your hair done.
    But pretty manternity clothes to flaunt your belly.
    If you dont notice the braces no one else will either.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• why waist the money you put forth trying to better your Im sure already beautiful smile!
    Keep em on mama, if you feel self conscience by an extra cute top to show off that beautiful belly!
    people dont care about your braces, they care that you have enough self respect to want to better your apperence!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Thanks ladies I really needed some words on encouragement!
    Anonymous

• Who realy cares what they think,just think in a few months they will be gone! As I was growing up this is what I heard if someone made front of you for something, like I can take my braces off but you can't take ugly off LOL
    LiLMamma81

Answer by LiLMamma81 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009