How can someone condone killing another human, when they do not condone abortion?

After reading some journals about the murder within a CHURCH of all places of the doctor who performed basic abortions, but Late-Term Abortions as well, it got me to thinking.

Would applauding a man's death not be just as degrading and against the Christian thinking about "life is life"? I would think so.

So how can any so-called Christians be rejoicing at the fact that a man was gunned down in cold blood for performing abortions? Are they not as guilty as the person who had done the actual shooting?

And in all places, within a church filled with Congregants at Sunday Morning Worship.

pr0udm0m_0f_3

Asked by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not Christian.. but I find it sick what this person did to this man (doctor)..

I don't really agree with the abortions he preformed at all.. even though I am pro-choice. But a petition to their state reps seems a lot more sensible than destroying not only this mans life.. but his families..

It's not just a man this person killed in the name of abortion.. this murderer also hurt this doctors family and friends. Anyone that agrees with the killer, really needs some medication because they are obviously unstable individuals.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well I think the rationalization is that the fetus's are innocent.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I can't answer for everyone, but I am not rejoicing in this doctor's death. On one hand I am glad he is no longer killing babies, but it would have been much better if he had been able to make that decision for himself. The man who shot the doctor was wrong. He had no business taking vengeance into his own hands. He himself is now guilty of murder. God says vengeance is His. The doctor would have faced the Lord one day, God didn't need someone else to hurry up that date.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I know what you mean.
    Some people feel like an adult can defend themself while the unborn can not, even though both are equally human. They may also believe (and in this case they are right) that by killing this one man they are saving the lives of hundreds of babies.
    The real question is why are they not lashing out at the mothers who allowed him to kill thier babies. The women who ASKED him to destroy thier child?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• They are not saving any babies, those women will just go to the next doc on the list.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Answered at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 by: Farrahann They are not saving any babies, those women will just go to the next doc on the list.

I agree with you there.
    pr0udm0m_0f_3

Answer by pr0udm0m_0f_3 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• What bothers me is that no one thinks of the lives that man SAVED. Not just because some women would've died during birth, but because some women have personalities in which they cannot cope, and could've committed suicide if they'd either had to keep the child, or had to have given it up for adoption. The man SAVED lives.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately there are alot of Christians who think this killing of this man was ok. I am not one of them. The Lord is supposed to deal with the hearts of men. Not men. I feel sorry for the doctor and his church family.
    LeeLeeCandleGrl

Answer by LeeLeeCandleGrl at 3:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Forget the whole Christian part of it, and just consider for a moment that sometimes, killing is justified in order to save more lives. Lots of people had to die in order to bring an end to the horror of World War II. Some were innocent, some were not. I personally do not mourn for the ones who had blood on their hands. That being said, I don't think that vigilante justice like that which was administered on Tiller is right either. I'm just saying I understand that frame of mind, about taking a life to save many. And in some instances, it's true and it's justified...just not here, IMO.
    Anonymous

• I'll say it again...killing an abortionist does not save babies...maybe if you systematically kill them all.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009