Does anybody else hate the heat?

It is in the 80's were I live and I hate going outside and getting hot and sweaty. My DD is the same way. I feel bad because we need to be outside some. How can i get her to want to be outside during the day? She doesn't mind it in the evenings when it isn't hot!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get wet...go to the pool or set up the sprinkler. I even soak down my trampoline and [ut the sprinkler by it so the kids can jump.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We don't have air conditier in our house till it gets really hot inside. It got up to the 90's yesterday; but the kids are so used to the heat from being in it; it's second nature.
    Try going out in the early morning or late evening when it's cooler out; in the middle of the afternoon it's the worst; that's our nap time or time when we going riding around with the windows open.
    Have you tried a pool like the above person, or watering the gardening, washing the car, making mud puddles are both fun and cooling.
    F_Stathouse

Answer by F_Stathouse at 3:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I hate it too. I like wearing clothes, eating soup, hot tea, and snuggling up. I hate summer with a burning passion
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 3:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I hate it too! I lived in Phoenix far too long to enjoy any heat at all.
    As our days get hotter, I redo our "schedule" to put the outside activites in the early morning or the evening. We might playin the backyard and garden in the morning and go to the park or bike ride just before bathtime for example. Otherwise, I plan physical INDOOR things like ice skating or swimming.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Oh no! I hate the cold.
    I would rather have to run around sweating to death then shiver so hard I pee myself. :)
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Both my youngest and I dislike being overheated by the weather.

I agree that one of the best ways to deal with it is to keep your indoor temperature cool, but not air conditioned because you avoid the extreme temperature changes that make it feel even hotter, and to do things in the mornings and evenings rather than 11-3.

Seek out shade, wear cooling fabrics (linen is particularly good and looks nicer than sports gear if you're trying to look professional), and stay well-hydrated.

Well-hydrated doesn't just mean drinking water, though -- choose wet fruits like melons and oranges, soups and a variety of drinks because you need the minerals to absorb and hold onto the water, as well as to keep your pyretic system (that's the part that moderates your temperature) working well. Avoid fruit juices because they lack the fibre you need to hold water, and do weird things to blood sugar, including heating you up. Yuk.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I HATE, LOATHE and DETEST hot weather. I hate air conditioning, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I could deal with it if it was in the 80's where i live, it was 115 degrees today.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I HATE excessive heat.

I enjoy warmth and it being sunny, as long as there is a breeze.. But.. I get very ill if I get overheated. And I can get overheated walking from the car to the front door, in shorts and a tank top. Having sunstroke as a kid sucks. :(
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 8:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Well please send some to Ohio. We have had the coldest wet May in a long time.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009