What would you do?

Tomorrow is my nieces 1st birthday! Here's the thing though. My MIL watches her like all the time. SIL and her were also living with her. They "moved out" recently even though all their shit is still there. But I noticed my niece has like NO toys. I figured I'd buy her something for her birthday that she can really use. I found out after I ordered it that they moved out, but she is there almost everyday. Is it ok that I intend on the gift being for her for at MIL's house. Not to go to SIL's new BF's house. But be where She will use it, and where she usually is?

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Buy it for the MILs house. It sounds like the toy will get more use over there any way. You may want to give the gift to her while she is at the MILs though, that way the MIL will know that the toy/s are suppose to stay there and are not intended to be at SILs or BFs.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 3:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Also SIL doesn't buy her anything, and MIL has raised her this whole past year. She really should have something there for her to play with thats age appropriat. Plus I bought it thinking she still lived there and my neice needed somethig for when she is with MIL. (Which is just about everyday)

What do you think? Should I give it to SIL, or MIL. I haven't mentioned this to either one yet.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• just give it to the kid.. if she wants to take it home im sure the mil will let her.. if not then stick it in your sil car and have the child open it at home..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It is a gift and I don't think it is good form to specify to the recipient where it can be used. JMO

salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009