(A spinoff to a similiar question) What are your thoughts when you see a seemingly educated and somewhat distinguished woman, dressed business casual, middle-aged and obviously uptown, step outside from where she works, and light a cigarette?

LadyJackiBlue

Asked by LadyJackiBlue at 3:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Health

• Don't care. All of the lawyers that I've worked for were smokers. Addictions don't only happen to lower class, uneducated people. I even know doctors that smoke.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Honestly? Who cares? As long as she's not hurting anyone. I don't car how your dressed or if you in a professional job or whatever you do it's a personal choice. However you dress or whatever you do, everyone has vices and/or a bad habit, doesn't matter who or what you are.(My opinion)
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• That she is an idiot for smoking. Just like I think all of the bleach blond too tanned chicks are dumb for smoking too. The drs, lawyers, trash collectors, accountants, teachers, burger flippers...it doesn't matter the occupation, they are all killing themselves slowly with one cancer stick at a time.
    Anonymous

• Professionals, business people, lawyers, drs - all just as likely to smoke as anyone else. High stress jobs can make it even more difficult to quit, as well - particularly if there's a "boy's club" social atmosphere around smoking.

It's not offputting to me like when I see a mother holding a baby and smoking at the same time, or when I drove past the high school tonight and a girl who was about 15 or so was smoking a cigarette while holding her backpack in her other hand. It was just sad. Kids just have no idea how much they will probably wish they'd not started smoking in the first place.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't think much of it at all. Though, if I knew her, I'd be sad she smoked. (B/c face it- there's a good chance you are going to lose that person prematurely).
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:05 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

I agree..
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I'd go ask her for a light.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009