Tanning Beds

Just read a post where people went nutz about tanning beds. While i realize it isn't exactly healthy there must be people on here who do it. I go once maybe twice a week if I can find the time just so Im not pasty white. I never could be perfectly brown. Their was so much bashing on the post...surely there are others on here that do tan! I bet 50% of our town tans...

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love tanning! But, I miss it :( The only time I can find a babysitter is to work, so I can't go tanning b/c of my baby. I think tanning beds should have a childcare like gyms do so us mom's can tan! I know some gyms have tanning beds, but not any where I live :(
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I have a tanning bed at my house! I use to use it alot more than I do now. I have gotten a little smarter. I now cover my face up also. I will lay a couple times a month. I think as long as people do it in moderation, it is fine!
    Anonymous

• I do not. I am white as a ghost. But I burn so easily it's almost ridiculous for me to go. My SIL goes constantly and her face looks like she's aged 20 years. She's only 24 and she looks 40. That also kind of keeps me from wanting to.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• So, because 50% of the people in your town are dumb and go to tanning beds, we are all supposed to be running in and doing it ourselves? Sorry I will pass.
    Anonymous

• i go, twice a week for the first month then after that once a week or every other week just to keep the tan. ya i know its not healthy, but i do lots of other things that aren't healthy for me either. oh well
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No, I don't do it. You are NOT safe if you only do it in moderation and any doctor will tell you that. Even normal short exposure to the sun can give you skin cancer. I watched my friend die of melanoma at 30yrs old and my other friend has basal cell carcinoma and she's 29 and neither one were sun bathers. You ARE stupid if you continue to tan point blank!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't go to tanning beds or try to tan outside. I wear sunscreen when I'm going to be out for a while too because skin cancer runs in my family and it's not pretty.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No anon. I was just saying in the last post about tanning it was ALL bashing about tanning and Iknow people have to be doing other places besides my town. Just thought they should speak up.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I love tanning. Its my few minutes of quiet a day..lol.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:48 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I tan 10 mins a day every other day, I have a two year contract with my tanning salon! I love it, I'm Swedish so I'm so pasty white and with tanning I look normal LOL! I don't care what people think or how they feel about tanning.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009