Why is there no category for question regarding children with special needs? There are a lot of parents out there that would love to have some questions answered.

cafemomuser

Asked by cafemomuser at 3:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• This is a GREAT suggestion!! Maybe message a cafemom member about it? Or start a journal using it as a petition and have women sign it so CM will see that many of us would appreciate that section?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• cafemom administrator I meant...
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• if you have a special needs child, there are also groups for mothers of special needs children.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I think it may be because they dont want to single them out as different?
    We are all just parents and they are all just kids and we are all just trying to help each other.
    Maybe you should send in a suggestion to CafeMom Team?
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• amber710 single them out?

Have you noticed Cafemom has already for-vax & against vax, pro-choice & pro-life, liberals & conservatives, Breastfeeding & Formulafeeding, etc.
    Anonymous

• Sure there are!! I belong to two of them on this board. Moms with boys with ADHD and Bipolar and Moms with kids with ADHD and Bipolar. You just need to search for them.

If there isn't one for your specific special needs child, then create one.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 5:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I believe she meant a questions category. It's a good question, I posted some questions about my daughter and they were ignored because I had to pick an age category. I think a special needs question category would be very helpful. I now belong to a group for my daughters need. But at the time she was undiagnosed.
    PeytonNBella

Answer by PeytonNBella at 6:50 PM on Jun. 2, 2009