not happening but want it so badly!!!

i had a c section with my dd, and it got infected pretty bad i didnt heal until she was like 7 months old, it took forever but my question is could that effect my chances of ever concieving again? ive been trying and my monthly visitor was late this month but came after like 3 days of being late i got excited just to get let down. so any idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you asked your doc about this? I would think your infection wouldve delt with skin and all that not your tubes or uterus? so concieving shouldnt be so bad....i have known alot of women that after having one child had a harder time concieving again..ur definitely not alone...have you tried to find a support group for women dealing with the same!?
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I had an infection after having a csec and didn't have the infection on my surgi site's skin. I'd make an appointment in depth with your doc just to talk about this question. I did get pregnant again a couple of years later iwth no trouble. But infections after sections aren't after all just on the skin. Mine was internal and I was hospitalized for over a week with a fever. Your doc and external and internal ultrasounds looking for blockage might help you. Ultrasounds both external and internal have found masses on my ovary for me plus were able to discover that one of my ovaries was then in fact nonviable. My one mass of endome destroyed that ovary. If your insurance will cover it why not consult a fertility specialist. But sweetstkisses22 is absolutely right that many women after one baby have a harder time conceiving again. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• the same thing happened to me. i tried for 7 months and nothing happened i got so frustrated that i decided after my period came this month i would get on birth control...but my period never came!! i am now 5 weeks pregnant...but the exact month i stopped trying to get pregnant, it happened!! maybe relax and stop trying...just let it happen. stress can prevent you from getting pregnant.
    kylismomma

Answer by kylismomma at 8:42 PM on Jun. 2, 2009