We just shoot people here in America.

Indian leaders afraid of 'shoe-cide' attacks.
NDIAN politicians contesting in the general election, fearful of shoes hurled at them by disgruntled voters, have asked for more security and are erecting metal nets at rallies.
Lal Krishna Advani, the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) prime ministerial candidate, was the latest politician to be at the receiving end today, as an angry party worker threw a slipper at him during an election meeting in a central state.

The slipper missed Mr Advani, but was enough for authorities to step up security for all leaders across the country.
WANT MORE?-
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,,25348594-23109,00.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• From what I see on TV, Americans just throw their fists. Gun stuff happens in muted private areas.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 3:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I dont know why.
    Probably the same reason we:
    Kill innocent babies (abortion)
    Breathe in hazordous chemicals because we enjoy it (smoking)
    Destroy our planet (littering and emissions)
    the list goes on and on...
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Abortion isn't killing a baby, they are not considered a baby until they take their first breath of air!!! Not saying I'm for abortion but you got it all wrong!
    Anonymous

• Throwing a shoe at someone is a grave insult in the middle east.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• 4:02 if that is what you believe then you are just beyound hope.There WERE only THREE late term abortionists in this country.......whats that tell ya? Wait nevermind I don;t need your ignorant distorted veiw.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Hehehehehehe... I'd like to meet some of those bystanders...I can think of a few politicians I'd like to throw a shoe at.
    Oh, and thanks Carpy... I didn't know that was an insult. It makes sense, though, since showing someone your heel is also an insult in their culture.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I don't glorify a man who whacked innocent babies for a living.He made alot of mulla got himself a HUGE massive bank account off of it........how special
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• They should leanr to duck quickly like GWB lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Not to be a thorn in the side with this post, but is there a question?
    Anonymous

• Yes. See the question mark in the original post.
    Anonymous