What was the hardest part of being a preschool teacher for you and do you still teach?

I'm thinking of going back to work in this field,I find it especially challenging because I don't know really how to be a teacher I've been a aide mostly.I love being with children so it's all worth it for me.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 4:04 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Annoyin' Kids'.

Fuck um
    Anonymous

• Bad kids...well, ones that never have to mind at home and then are expected to sit and listen at school. That was the hardest part for me. Or ones that I know have some Autism Spectrum issue and their parents say he's a boy and it's a phase. I loathe those situations.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:06 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• yeah, obviously behavioural issues would be the tippity top.. I hated having to talk to parents about their child's behaviour especially if they were they type of parent that thought their child could do no wrong. But I found most parents at least acted like they cared about what I had to say lol I don't teach anymore, not enough money in it for me as a single parent---but I miss it a lot!!

AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I heard preschool teachers are making more money now like $20 an hour,some $15-18.It does depend on your education and experience.The most I ever made was 9.50 and I was an aide in a Montessori school, those schools have bucks!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was a Montessori teacher for about three years. Seems like a short time for something I had to get a degree for at a special school. The hardest thing for me was dealing with LO's all day and then coming home to my own. My kids kind of got the short end of the Mommy stick because after a particularly rough day I would be short on patients. Behavioral issues were dealt with in a wonderful way at our school. We also had a barn and horses etc. If a child was out of sorts then we would take a trip to the barn. Animals have such a calming affect on humans at times. I think the hardest part was just the fact that your average 3-5 yr old are pretty high maintenance. They require a lot of attention. Montessori schools are calm schools for the most part, it is part of the curriculum. I miss it at times but I am busy with my own 5.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I was a pre-school teacher and loved every bit of it...i honestly can't think of anything i didn't like...until i had to leave.....I got laid off... THAT was the hardest part :(
    Cutie_Hijabi

Answer by Cutie_Hijabi at 9:00 AM on Jun. 3, 2009