do you do this too?

every time a hear a plane flying overhead my house, i get really nervous, and in that moment when i hear it, i swear it sounds like it getting louder and louder (closer and closer). i know its ridiculous to think that a plane would crash into my house, but with all of the fairly recent newsbreaks, do you get a little nervous too? its also a tough break for me because we live right near an airfield.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use to live right next to an airport and the army reserves and they do practices all the time with those crazy looking planes and OMG I would freak out when my windows would shake. LOL but I always knew we were safe, but yes I admit I would get a little scared.
    Anonymous

• haha i live on an airforce base. the first couple weeks i was like wtf. every once in a while, if im outside- i will watch to see if its flying low. lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I do get nervous when it's an especially loud plane. Like when you can tell they are jets similar to what the airforce would have. Recently there was an air show near our house and groups of three jets at a time kept flying over, but I didn't realize it was an air show until my husband told me hours later. So every ten minutes I would hear the loudest sound on earth right over my house and for a split second I would think "We're gonna get bombed!". LOL.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Every time my step mom would drive under a bridge she would duck like she was going to hit it =) my dad made fun of her for this so bad it was funny...

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:15 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OMG i do the bridge thing too.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We live not to far from a main airport. Sometimes The planes wake me up because they are so loud at night.
    Anonymous

• I only got nervous when I was living up in AK and the Air Force was using the Army airfield for a few months while they reasphalted theirs, and the dang pilots disobeyed the rules and kept sonic booming over the housing areas (they were forbidden from sonic booming until they were over the training areas)... made the whole freakin house shake!
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 4:25 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Only if it is getting progressively louder to the point it sounds like it is going to land on the roof. I am more twitchy about a bridge collapsing while I am driving over it.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Nope. I grew up living by the airport, they flew so close to our house that everything would shake! I live near the same airport now, just in a different city! I love watching them fly over! My husband, however, is just like you!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• We live a few miles north of an airforce base so we get military jets flying over us all the time, at all hours. We've even recently had 2 of them crash into a neighborhood, one directly into a home killing 4 people including 2 babies...very very sad. BUT it does not scare me really. I'm used to the planes. It's always very loud but I think that I'd know if it were ever SUPER loud and not normal. Then I might freak.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009