Anyone read a really good book lately?

I just finished the book i was reading, and am hitting a wall with books right now. I love to read, but cant get into much of anything lately. What have you read that is REALLY good! (And dont say Twilight, i've read them all twice now! lol!)

MommaTurbo

Asked by MommaTurbo at 4:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just read Nine 1/2 Weeks. lol.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Try anything by LaVyrle Spencer, she has not written a bad book in here entire career.
    Anonymous

• i love The Middle Place by Kelly Corigan (sp?) it's about her surviving breast cancer
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I loved Water for Elephants and A Thousand Splendid Suns.

If you like realistic fiction try anything by Jodi Piccoult. My Sisters Keeper is coming out as a movie, but try and see if you can read the book first. I still think about that book and its been a year since I read it.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I read a lot of Jodi Picoult books. One of them is being made into a movie ... My Sisters Keeper ... very moving. All of her books are good, in my opinion.

Right now I'm reading Marley & Me, but can't find time to finish it since I work part time and also have a 1 year old! After I'm done with it, I plan on reading Twilight.

Another book-to-movie is Angels & Demons. Have you read any of Dan Brown's books? He also wrote The DaVinci Code. I read those really fast, they were very interesting and I was hooked immediately.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Haha ... teampalmer4 ... great minds think alike!! LOL.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I agree with teampalmer4 and ap9902. Jodi Picoult is great! i just read Handle with Care and it was amazing.
    Other great titles...Marley and Me, The Host, Twilight Series, Prayers for Sale, Angels and Demons, Memoirs of a Geisha, Firefly Lane, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Kite Runner, The Secret Life of Bees, The Undomestic Goddess, The Friday Night Knitting Club, Barefoot, Little Earthquakes, Good Grief and The Bright Side of Disaster...to name a few. Jenny McCarthy's books Belly Laughs and Baby Laughs are pretty darn hysterical too. LOL
    I LOVE to read...in case you couldn't tell. :)
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 4:55 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• oops, sorry, saw that you said NOT to say Twilight...sorry.

The Host is also by Stephenie Meyer and it was phenomenal
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 4:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009