• In the Spotlight:

Gym Membership $$$. If you can't afford to go to the gym. What do you do to get in shape?

And I mean working all your muscles to get those curves... all the package!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We could afford a gym membership but I am HORRIBLE about going. I had one years ago and went about 5 times!

I do arm exercises with 5lb weights, I walk 2 miles a day ( want to get back up to 5 miles ), I do buns and thighs exercises (squats, lunges)

I also use my ab roller. Remember those??? Not that one that you actually roll out in front of you but the one where you lay on the floor and hold the bars and pull yourself up to a sit up.

I am seeing the results but you HAVE to be consistent!

May I suggest going onto Fitness.com. There is a section devoted to all different types of exercises. You'll see where to click on the homepage!
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 4:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• When you figure it out, let me know!
    Debbie062008

Answer by Debbie062008 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Tracy Anderson DVD's the mat work-out is my favorite.....Love these DVDs
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Buy a pilates tape and the thingys that go with it at Wal-Mart. That stuff works, I did it after my first pregnancy!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:27 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• You can get an idea of her style by checking out you tube vids.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:28 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Running/walking
    Situps pushups leg lifts squats(you dont need weights) If you dont have the money for weights and you want to do something with them all you have to do is keep 2 milk cartians and fill them with the ammount of water that you want for the weight. If its not heavy enough then add some sand or some small rocks to add more weight. Swimming is also another good thing for a workout. If i think of anything else ill let you know.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I walk everyday either outside or on my treadmil. I got one for really cheap last year on craigslist. I also do leg lifts, turn on your side and lift your legs. Also do it while you are on your back. Start off slow if you aren't use to exercising.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• For the curves I did pilates hard version and walked and ran a little.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• There's a magazine called Oxygen that has work outs in it. They usually have a routine you can do at home that just requires a couple different free weights, a ball, a medicine ball and a chair. You can use your own bodyweight to tone up. The mag costs $5 and its awesome. The girls in it are kind of muscly, but you can still use it just to tone up. They also have eating tips.

For cardio its summer time, so you can get outside and walk, jog, hike, run, swim, bike or rollerblade. There are so many things to do!
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 4:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My Wii Fit! Seriously, it kicks my ass. I really think most of the set up is geared for women. Before the Wii Fit - I was size 12 - easily. Sometimes bigger. Now, I'm an 8-9. I got the Wii Fit in March. So, in two months, I've lost almost 3 sizes. I do 30 mins of Yoga everyday, along with some push ups and jacknives. On the weekends, I do a full hour of yoga + strength training + aerobics.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009