baby check ups

Is a 9lbs 8 oz 2 month old a good size? my son was born 5 lbs 15 oz and i was told that they should double there birth weight by 2 months. Im not worried i just want to know if he is growing right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i never heard double by 2 months. most 0-3 month baby clothes only go to 12 lbs, and the average baby weight at birth is between 5 and 9 lbs. but if he's gained 4 lbs that sounds like a decent weight gain to me. remember they drop weight before you even take them home, so they have to get back to their birth weight and then start actually gaining weight. if your doctor didn't say anything (i'm assuming thats how you know his weight) than i'm sure your baby is growing fine.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Who told you they are supposed to double by 2 months??? I think they gave you wrong information ... I believe they are supposed to double by 6 months, not 2 ...

My son was 8 lbs, 9 oz at birth and was double at 4 months, but he is also a big eater :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my son is a really good eater to and my doctor told me that maybe he just got mixed up.
    Anonymous

• double their weight by 6mons. sounds like your doing a good job!!
    Anonymous

• Yeah it's doubled by 6 months NOT 2....his weight is fine...everyone's baby is different. My friends baby girl is 11 months and weighs 16 pounds and my DD is 9 months and weighs 23....it's just different genes....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009