Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to foster kids how do i

i really want to foster some kids in my state MD. but im not sure how i go about it or if they will let me foster..we have a great income but i just dont know..i want to foster the kids no one wants..the older children..ages 3-18 i dont know how to go about it...if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Answer Question

Asked by connorsmom22607 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Adoption

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • You need to contact your local childrens services, they will provide you with the information you need & they will do a home study to get you started. Good luck!

    Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 2, 2009


    Here's a link to the state foster care website, or it may be easier to call your local CPS office. You can talk to "people" that way. Good luck!


    Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

  • They want you! They are looking for folks just like you. (or any warm body sadly) Call your local family and children's services.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 3, 2009

  • Contact your local Division of Family Service... Our state requires you attend 12 weeks of classes as they conduct their home study.... once you have completed the required steps you will receive a state license you will be required to take ongoing classes to keep your license… most of the time they start with a single child or a small sibling group… you will be expected to make visits and transport the child to meet the courts schedules…. It is WELL WORTH IT :-)

    Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.