C-Section moms: how do you feel when people on cafemom say that you didn't have a "natural" birth?

I had a vaginal birth, but it still irks me when someone says that moms who got c-sections didn't have a "natural" birth.

How do YOU feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I could give a rats ass what anyone on this stupid website or not on this website thinks about C-sections. I am not any less of a mommy or a woman for that matter for having one...would I have one again? Hell yeah, in a heartbeat...I think that people try to "preach" their views b/c they are overcompensating for some other thing that they are lacking. i.e. intelligence maybe??
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I just think there are overly judgmental and try to ignore it.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:38 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• It does not bother me one way or another. I had two c-sections. My kids are grown and on their own. I missed nothing by not having a natural birth.. but here's the best part, I don't have the issues the my friends who have natural births have.
    Anonymous

• Dont really care. birth is as natural as it gets. i had a NATURAL pregnancy...how he came out isnt really any ones business unless they need help or advice.. lol...i dont like for people to turn their nose up at me for how i had my son. so when people get rude about it..it makes me wanna scream the reason why i had mine and make them feel like crap. but other than that...o well...
    Anonymous

• Uhm...natural birth doesn't mean VAGINAL birth. Natural birth usually is associated with drug-free or drug-free and intervention-free birth (depending on who you are talking to I guess). A c-section is not NATURAL. Otherwise women would be born with zippers so our babies could come out of our abdomens. Does that make a woman less of a mother for having to have a c-section? No. Emergencies arise and that's what they are there for.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I didn't have a natural birth, I had a c section. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is when vagina moms say I didn't give birth because I had a c section.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• no offense here and not judging one bit but a c-section is not "natural birth"..no you cant hepl how your baby wants to come out.if there are complications so be it..however to me natural birth is drug free and vaginal and little to no intervention.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• vagina moms...lol
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• if they haven't been there then they have no way to judge the birth of my children. with my first i was induced and had contractions for 3 days then they decided to do a c-section b/c i wasn't progressing. with my second i was told the reason i didn't progress was b/c of too much scar tissue on my cervix so i may not dilate enough to have a "natural" birth. i chose to have another c-section rather than be in labor for a few days and have to have one anyways. so unless someone has been in a situation where they had to decide what was better for them, or were not even given the option b/c of the health of them or their baby. than who are they to judge how i gave birth to mine? either way my babies were born healthy, and i was healthy thats all that matters to me.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OP

MamaJen, that's YOUR opinion. If a woman chooses to have a c-section, and not because it's an emergency situation, no one has the right to discount her experience. That's the point I'm trying to make. Someone taking THEIR opinion and judging others based on THEIR opinion.

Same as a mom who got induced, or received an epidural. Why all the smugness associated with having a vaginal, "natural" birth?
    Anonymous