Taking it slow

How do you take it slow when your interested in getting to know someone new? What does it mean to you or what would you do to take it slow? Not rushing into a relationship. Thanks

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 4:39 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• enjoy both and see which developes

Answer by admckenzie at 4:59 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Easy... DON'T MOVE IN!! (Seriously, my ex was still going through his divorce and was dating online from Iraq, and had two different women trying get him to let them move in with him as soon as he got back! They got dumped fairly quick). Stick with just going out, no sex, no bedrooms, hold off on even hanging out at each other's houses for a while, no serious making out stuff. Just hanging out at movies, libraries, heck... DH and I loved just hanging out at the book store! Just avoid being anywhere that your logic might fail in the heat of the moment.. stay fairly public for a while so you can't just suddenly give in and start making out, then give in and wind up in the bedroom! Don't introduce the kids yet, either. Once you do that, you are getting to a serious point.
    armycoppertop

Answer by armycoppertop at 7:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I am not sure what taking it slow means either. Is this something you are trying to do or did the guy you are interested in mention taking it slow? To some people taking it slow is a way of saying that you are really not into that person or at least how some people perceive it to be. I've recently started seeing someone who seems interested in a serious relationship and I've just realized that I have no clue what I am doing!!! I am trying to hold back but it is hard. I try and let him take the lead and try and respond without initiating too much. I usually won't say I miss him until he says that he misses me. We each have our own lives and I have no idea where this is going but he does call himself my boyfriend and has mentioned a few times that he wants a serious relationship. Most of the guys that I have met before would have sent me running but this one seems interesting and we share the same beliefs about many things
    diane2413

Answer by diane2413 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 3, 2009

• We both agreed to take it slow. I know we are both interested in each other. Thanks for the advice.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 3:59 PM on Jun. 3, 2009