Christian wives only please

I hear alot about husbands being addicted or delivered from porn. Recently I did a study on the book Song of Solomon which basically is a very passionate and erotic love story about a groom and his bride. My question is do you believe that if we as Christian women would follow the sensual love making pattern in that book that Christian husbands would be less likely to be "addicted" to porn? Do you think they turn to porn because we are too passive in the bedroom sort of speak? Please tell me your thoughts about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is easier than reading a book. Just give more good oral. It is the #1 reason men stray from their women to porn and mistresses. There I just saved your marriage and 19.95 +S&H.
    Anonymous

• anon LOL!!! where did you get YOUR information? how do you know that it is the "#1 reason? I just thought it was interesting from a biblical point of view.
    Anonymous

• People seem to forget that God created sex to be enjoyed by a husband and wife. He wants us to love one another intimately,and feel good. However, as with everything else in this world, the enemy (satan) has twisted and perverted what God intended for good,to make is evil,and addictive,and to ruin families. Remember, he only comes to steal,kill,and destroy. Every single word out of his mouth is a lie. And, when we use our free will to fall into his traps, nothing makes him happier,than to destroy our lives and our families,and pornography is one of the most effective tools he's ever created.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• So true Stvmen88 So true.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• No, my husband was addicted since he was 13.

The fact of he matter is, with an addiction (beyond bad habit or curiosity) you can be the hottest sex kitten in the world, and he would still look at it.

That's one of the first things you have to learn in a family of addicts group - YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT. It sucks, you wan't to be able to fix it in the bedroom, in your marriage, but you can't. It has nothing to do with you, and it is completely out of your control.
    Anonymous

• For most if we would all just enjoy sex instead of looking at it as our duty things would go great.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Should you aim to please your husband? yes. Is there anything to do as a surefire porn prevention? no. Satan wants to ruin your marriage. And your hubby has a free will. So when the enemy tempts him with pornography it is a very hard struggle. He can definitely overcome it, but only through the power of the Holy Spirit and only when he wants to give it up. The best thing you could do is pray for him, fervently and be patient. If accountability would help him there is software you can install on the computer that will give you a list of his history that he can't erase. This could help him if it is something he would like (you don't want to secretly invade his privacy).

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:20 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Here is a link to a website with information that might help you cope and pray better.

Always Be Ready: Pornography

I just said a prayer for you guys. "for it is God who works in you both to will and to do according to His good pleasure" Phil. 2:13

Cinnamon-mom

• Yes, lust is very compelling. It wouldn't matter what you did. As for oral, my husband has always been thrilled with my attentions but still used to look at porn. He finally got tired of it because I didn't make it into a battle of wills. He knew how I felt about it and that it hurt my feelings, but I didn't argue with him about it. Still, the pull was strong. He was obsessed with a particular activity and I was not going to participate. So, great oral doesn't solve everything. It may have kept him away from other real women, but not the porn. He refused to really see porn as a sin at that time. Now, he does. That has made some difference. He has always felt very strongly about infidelity so I have never worried about that.
    callmeann

Answer by callmeann at 7:01 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• OP here, these are very informative responses. It really helps me to view the reason behind the why. Thanks.
    Anonymous