Is she small for her age?

My youngest daughter is turning 2 next month an only weighs 20 pounds an is only 41 inches tall. Her sister is like 8 inches taller than her an weighs about 20 pounds more than her an turns 3 tomorrow. She eats ALOT an I people keep asking me if I am feeding her. So is she really small for her age?

Younganproud

Asked by Younganproud at 4:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she is kinda small for her age. my daughter weighed 20 lbs when she turned 1. but everyones body type is different and as long as she eats and the doctor thinks shes healthy i wouldn't worry about it. especially if you or her dad are on the smaller side. i have a friend whos 4 yr old weighs 30 lbs and hes about 43 inches tall, but her 2 year old weighs 38 lbs and is about the same height as the 4 yr old. shes a tiny person (5'6 and weighs like 90 lbs) but her fiance is bigger so one just took after the other.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my daughter is 19 months and weights 28 pounds (95% for weight) and she is 34 inches tall (97% for height) so to me your daughter sounds small, but all babies are different. My niece who is 3 months younger than my daughter weights about 20 pounds and she is 16 months and is also like 6 inches shorter. If you doctor isnt worried you shouldnt be either
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:00 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• 20 pounds is small for an almost 2 yo, but she may just be a petite person. Did you maybe mean 31 inches? A 2 yo who is 41 inches would VERY tall for a girl (she'd be on target to be over 6 feet!).
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:03 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• I wanted to add - my twins are close to your daughter's age (21 months) and weigh in around 23 and 25 pounds. They are bigger than your daughter, but the difference between her and my smaller one is not too much.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:07 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My daughter is going to be 2 on June 16th, she weighs 22lbs and about as tall as yours. I am petite myself, so if you are then I wouldn't worry. She will just be petite too. You can not compare your daughters weight to everyone else's child. I have friends who have 1 yr olds and weigh 24 lbs and I have a friend who has a daughter who is 2 wks younger than mine and weighs more and a friend who has a daughter who is 2 wks older and weighs around the same and about the same height.

determind

Answer by determind at 5:14 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my daughter weight 20lbs about a month or so before she turned 1.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• my oldest was 20lb and 33inches at 2 years.,. now at 3 years he is 30lbs and 39 inches.. he grew a LOT last year
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My daughter just turned 2 last month and weights 24.8 lbs and is 33 inches tall.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Okay thank you. I was just wondering. Neither my husband or I are small. We are thick boned. So seeing how she is small was just kind of worrisome. She is healthy she eats EVERYTHING. She isn't picky at all. But it does make me feel better knowing that its normalish.
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 5:34 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• Oh and yes she is 31 inches sorry. Just had to go double check her height on the wall.
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 5:36 PM on Jun. 2, 2009