hot weather/breasts leaking

my son is 12 days old old i tried breast feeding but he just wasn't getting anything, tried pumping got nothing (even w/diff pumps) so i have given up b/c he wasn't even trying anymore. anyways, i thought my milk had dried up, i haven't been leaking at all for about 4 days, so earlier today i was outside with the kids playing, no one was crying or anything like that. and then all of a sudden i started to leak again? my breast are back to their normal pre-pregnancy size already as well. so anyways, what i'm wondering is if the heat could be part of it? its about 90 degrees out. could that be the reason? its supposed to be just as hot tomorrow and i was gonna run some errands, don't want to start leaking while i'm out and about so wanted to know if anyone knows before i decide not to wear/or to wear nursing pads.
ps..this is not a how do i breastfeed question, we are doing what works for us so please no try breastfeeding again

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 4:53 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never heard of that but if you need to the Lansinoh breast pads are the only ones that I like...the Gerber ones suck..You probably already know which ones to use but Im not really sure about the answer to your question. sorry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:56 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• thanks hun! hopefully someone will know, it just seems weird with my first i only leaked for like 2 days and after that, i didn't leak again so its confusing.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:57 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• "my son is 12 days old old i tried breast feeding but he just wasn't getting anything"

Were you changing dipes? One per day of life for the first week, 6-8 after the first week? If so. he WAS getting something. The dipes are the only true indicator. Nothing else matters.

"tried pumping got nothing (even w/diff pumps) "

Some moms don't respond to any pumps. I knew a mom who nursed twins, no formula. And she couldn't get even ONE drop with a pump.

I would expect the leaking to be continuing for a good long time. Milk can be there for up to a year. Yes, it's 100 percent normal. And if you want to try, you know that you can. If you don't that's fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:33 PM on Jun. 2, 2009