When will the shrieking end!?

My 10 month old son screams at the top of his lungs all the time. It's not necessarily when he's mad. It's also when he's happy, excited, bored, wants attention, etc. But it's extremely ear piercing! I'm embarrased to take him to a restaruant cuz he just shrieks. He literally makes people jump! He doesn't cry or fuss, he just sits there happy as a lark then all of a sudden "ahh!!" then thats it. I'm really surprised the neighbords haven't questioned us!! Has your baby ever done this? When does it end??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Jun. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ha! LOL...my DD does the same thing. I think it hilarious! I'll scream right back at her. She's 9 months. It's just b/c they have now discovered their screaming voice.....Im sure he'll get used to it and not do it as much. Can't tell you when though. My DD looooves to scream....it's cute.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:19 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• LOL its a stage. the more you ignore it and praise/notice other behavior, the faster the shrieking will stop. babies are just thrilled by all the fun stuff their bodies are capable of-and the reaction they get!!
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 5:24 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• He is just finding his voice and experimenting with it. It will pass, just like everything else. Anyone that thinks twice about it when you are out, is clearly not a parent, they would understand.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 2, 2009

• My brother did that from about 5 months until he was 10 ;)
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 9:35 PM on Jun. 2, 2009